Monday, October 11, 2010

Trip to Tuscan

Yesterday was Sunday, my favorite day of the week, time to relax, so I decided to take a trip to Tuscan, its ninety miles from here and takes about 2 Hrs, Sunday is the best day to go as traffic should be lighter and I don't have to deal with all the impatient people who leave late for work every morning and then have rush to get there on time.



                         The first town I go thru is Bisbee and its only 11 miles west of Belle's but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet as it is smaller than Douglas, which is 11 miles east of Belle's but Douglas is where the Walmart is, sad isn't it, how Walmart has taken over what town we go shopping at. Bisbee does have a food store and Burger King but for any real shopping I have to go to Douglas, anyway Bisbee is very quaint, clean town, lots of restaurants, antique and craft shops, founded in the late 1800's it is built on a hill side, the streets are narrow and the hill side is so steep that when you first look at the town from a distance it looks like the house's are built on top of each other. Its an old mining town and the mine sits right next to town.



                          The next town is the one I really wanted to see and that's Tombstone you know, Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday and the OK corral thing, what a disappointment, nothing special there to see, too touristy for me. So it was on to Tuscan and Harbour Freight to pick up some tools, all of which I have at home in Fl by the way but I need to do some remodeling for Belle and need them to do the work, thank God the store is on the east side of Tuscan and close to I 10', I hate big towns even on Sunday, I get my tools and start to head back to Belle's, on the way I have to go thru Benson, which is a pretty good size town at the junction of I 10 and Rt 80, it has a Walmart ( here we go with the Walmart thing again) and since I'm there I thought I'll get a few needed things and it will save me a trip to Douglas in the morning, so in I go and pick up about 10 items and head to the express lane, there's only two open and the line is long in both, so I pick one and wait my turn, of course I pick the slowest one, there's a young pregnant girl in front of me and finally it gets to her, she only has 8 things so this should go fast, WRONG, she has food stamps or some kind of vouchers, one voucher for each item, which by the way she has to fill in and sign for each item, now I've been in line for a good 15 minutes and me and everyone behind me are doing a slow burn, finally she get done and the gets rung up but the vouchers won't go thru, now the lady at the register has to call for a manager to see what's wrong, so we wait some more, now I'm on the verge of killing someone, I say to the lady how much longer is it going to be and she says you'll just have to wait it seems the manager is busy elsewhere, that's it I'm atta here and left my items laying on the belt and started walking away, she says, what I'm I supposed to do with your stuff and I said I'm sure you'll find a place for them, I believe I herd some laughter as I went out the door!!but it certainly wasn't from me, tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment