Thursday, September 23, 2010

Trip to mexico

While here in Texas and so close to the Mexican border I decided to get some work done on my teeth, woodie says her dentist in Mexico is great and its about a third of the cost here in the states, so its off to Mexico for the day and see the sites and get some needed fillings and a cleaning, this what I call multi tasking, its about a 3 hour ride but it goes fast, we arrive at a small border town called Progreso and park the car on the US side and walk across the international bridge to Mexico, the town is bustling with street vendors and every other building is a dentist or pharmacy, a very colorful town, people are very friendly, but you can see how poor they are, kids and old folks trying to sell pieces of gum or small hand made ornaments, to us its very sad, but they seem to be happy. Well I get my teeth cleaned and fixed, which takes about 1 1/2 hours and the young lady dentist does a great job, I'm extremely happy and it only costs $100 US dollars, WOOPIE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment