Monday, September 27, 2010

New day

OK Seminole state park was great, had a good sleep and now I'm rare'n to go, I don't fix any coffee, I figure I'll just stop and get some, I leave the park and head west, according to the map there should be a town about 20 miles down the road called Langtry, you know where Judge Roy Bean set up shop way back when, well so much for Langtry, nothing there but a museum and that's even closed, so its off to the next town another 50 or so miles, now I not only need coffee I'm hungry too, guess what only one small gas station, but they do have coffee and a donuts, thank God, next town of any size is Alpine Texas, a good 150 miles from where I started, I get there around 11:30, I just make breakfast and I'm starved. My  yeggy oil is a little low so I look for a Chinese restaurant and find one but its closed, so I go around back and there's the tank with no markings on it of any kind and its full, so in goes the hose and I fill up, I normaly ask first but who knows when I'll have another chance to get any.




      I head out of Alpine a happy camper and head for Van Horn Texas another 100 miles west, I get there around 2:30 and look up my old friend Big Al who is full blood Indian, how I met him is another story but find no one home, I wait a half hour then leave and start heading north to Guadalupe Nat park and arrive at 4:30 just in time to sign in and pay my $4.00 for one nights stay, its a nice park but has no hookups but clean showers and restrooms, the views are great, i set up than go for and short hike to take in some of the scenery, its beautiful here, then its back to take a shower, read a little of Clive Cussler's Inca gold and then to bed, nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment