Saturday, September 25, 2010

Leaving Refugio and heading west



      I left Woodie standing in her driveway waving me goodbye, and I'm off to my next adventure, I could have stayed longer but I was getting a bad case of itchy feet, its a great day for traveling, lots of clouds but no rain, with my A/C kaput this is a blessing. Traffic is very light and its easy going, I got a little veggy oil at a Chinese place Woodie and I had dinner at the other night so I have almost a full tank to start off with, I've traveled about 200 miles and came opon the town of Del Rio on the Mexican border, looks like the last town of any good size for quite awhile so I start looking for more oil to top off my tank. I found a Chinese buffet and asked if I could have some of there waste veggie oil, the young girl looked at me kinda strange, but then said Gee I guess so, but what are you going to do with it?, I said burn it in my car, another strange look from her and I said thank you and proceeded out back to top off my tank, WOOPIE, left Del Rio smiling and headed west about 40 miles to Seminole state park, just before the park was a border patrol check point, I stopped and the two young border patrol cops had there dog check out my vehicle and camper, when he looks in the back and see's the veggy oil tank he says what's the tank for moonshine, I laughed and said no its veggy oil, then he laughed and said your kidding, you burn that stuff, I 've herd of people doing it but never seen one, that's cool, well we talked awhile until more cars pulled up in back of me and off I went waving goodbye to my new friend, about 10 more miles and I pull into the state park, its now 4PM and I can use the break, its a great park, very clean but no shade trees, just low brush, but that's OK cause the sun is still not out and there is a good breeze blowing. In the park there's the remnits of a old rail road bed and a sign saying east west R/R from 1869 to 1892, that is so cool, just think of all the old steam trains that must have pasted rite thru here so long ago. Its early yet so I go for a walk to strech my legs, when I get back its off to the showers and it feels so good, the rest rooms are spotless and I feel rite at home, thank you Texas. Well the sun is going down and I think I'm going to do the same thing, I'm tired and its 8:00 pm so nite all, sleep tight.

1 comment:

  1. LOL....Loving your blog!!! You are a trip without the travel. Careful on the road, God Bless You.
    Love, Woodie

    ReplyDelete