Monday, September 27, 2010

Off to El Paso


I leave Guadalupe park around 8 AM this time I make some coffee to take with me and lucky I do cause the next town I see is El Paso 101 miles from Guadalupe, there are some small towns but they are dried up, no one home, there are no signs saying you will not hit a gas station or food for the next 100 miles, lucky I had my coffee and I stopped at a rest area around 9:00 and had some cereal and finished my coffee. I arrived in El Paso at 11:30 and rite away got lost,I wanted to cross over into New Mexico so I set my Garman for Columbus Texas when it should have been Columbus New Mexico, so about 25 miles later I realized I was going the wrong way, of coarse I blamed it on Garman but then figured out it was me so I had to apologise, I hate doing that, but she forgave me and then headed me in the rite direction.
         I get to New Mexico and cross it in record time as its only 143 miles wide at the bottom end, the road from just west of El Paso where I entered New Mexico is strait as an arrow and like Texas there are no signs saying no gas or food for the next 50 miles, there was one small town half way across with a gas station. Arazonia

No comments:

Post a Comment