Friday, January 14, 2011

For Tom, Patty and Cindy






  This post is for you guy's, of coarse all of you other folks can look too, my good friend Tom called from New Jersey and said what's going on, you haven't posted anything in a long while and we are sitting here on pins and needles waiting for some news on how the trailer is coming along. Sorry everyone but I've been busy at my new job, yes that's rite JOB, Roger the owner of Twin Buttes RV park asked me if I'd be interested in giving him a hand doing the maintenance around the park, free lot rent and utility's, plus $125 a month cash and even a golf cart to go around the park in, well of coarse I said YES. This is heaven sent as it all boils down to a savings of about $350 a month to me, DOUBLE WHOOPEE. I have been doing work on my trailer tho, I usually spend a few hours a day on it, I did make a wood stove out of a 15 gallon barrel and it came out well, it heats the whole trailer on just a few sticks of wood a day, so its a big savings on the old heat bill.  We have plenty of mesquite trees here and its a great wood for stoves, very hard and it burns clean and smells great, if you've never smelled mesquite burning you've missed something.
                    I put down new under lament to cover the old floors to make a good base for carpet in the.bedroom and linoleum in the bathroom and kitchen, the lining room will get hard wood floors so I don't have to put it down there. I'm refacing the kitchen cabinets and putting in a new counter top, old fashion tho, with linoleum as a new top surface, trust me your gonna like it when its done, I turned the cloths closet across from the kitchen sink into a new counter and cabinets, why would you need two big clothes closets, especially one them being in the kitchen?? Originally the gas stove was at the end of the counter by the hall way leading to the bathroom and bedroom, I moved the stove and placed it next to the fridge and am making a counter where the stove was, much better I think. I have the bedroom all finished but for the carpeting, which hopefully I'm going to buy this weekend, then I can set my bed up and that room will be done except for some finishing touches like curtains, some pictures, and more furniture, not too much tho.
                    Well that's it for now, bye and love to you all, Wayne
   

3 comments:

  1. Looking Real Good Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Uncle Wayne, the designer colors in your bedroom are fabulous!!! Thanks for updating just for us lol, we appreciate!!! Curiosity was killing the cat..HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very proud of you, Uncle Wayne! You used fabulous colors in your bedroom! Mom and I like what you've done to the trailer, dad hasn't seen yet.

    ReplyDelete